Whenever you get a new toy, everyone wants to be able to play with it. That rule applies even if you’re purchasing a brand-new water heater. With the Eccotemp i12-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater, you’ll be able to keep curious hands away from changing the temperature of your water supply. Child-locking technologies have been included with this model, something rarely seen in the industry, providing you with a safe and secure hot water experience.
This water heater comes with a few additional advantages that are worth considering as well.
- It comes with a true ½-inch NPT water fitting, which means more homeowners don’t need to worry about converting to ¾-inch connections like some hot water heaters require.
- The temperature controls on this unit are fully automatic. You just set the temperature you want on the small digital display and the appliance does the rest of the work for you.
- Instead of a metal casing that might heat up on you, this model offers a black acrylic glass casing that keeps the weight down without compromising your safety.
- When operating, this unit only pulls about 2 watts when idling, making it an energy-efficient appliance.
- It weighs about 30 pounds, so it can be installed virtually anywhere. The stainless steel vent kit that is needed for this unit is shipped in the box.
It is an effective little water heater which does an excellent job of providing consistent levels of hot water.
Why Choose the Eccotemp i12-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater?
This water heater is a solid choice for those who own smaller homes or live in smaller households. It offers a maximum GPM rate of 3, so it can accommodate 1-2 faucets or fixtures at a time. You won’t want to have someone taking a shower while you’re running the dishwasher with this hot water heater.
It’s also a good option for those who might own a cabin they use for an annual vacation, a cottage that runs off the grid on solar power, or smaller homes that don’t want to deal with the risk of having a large tank of water somewhere. During operation, it pulls just 1.07 amps, so it isn’t a power hog like so many hot water heaters tend to be today.
There is a minimum 14 PSI requirement for this unit to operate. It has electronic ignition and can compensate for varying flow rates that some homes tend to have. We found that a 70F temperature change could still produce a 2+ GPM, so it still has enough power to get the job done.
You do need to mount this water heater on an outside wall and vent it directly behind the unit. It’s rated at 80,000 BTU, so a professional installation is recommended.
It’s difficult to find any water heater of any type at the price the Eccotemp i12-NG Indoor Tankless Water Heater is offered at. As a value purchase, it offers a number of quality benefits that will leave those with smaller homes or households feeling pleased.
Click here to compare the price on Amazon and get a great deal.